Friday, June 15, 2012

A New Sketchbook and a Few Thoughts



My birthday recently passed and my wife was super nice and got me a new sketchbook.  Well, she had one made for me.  The top photo is the front and back covers while the next one is the inside page.  Also, recent events have caused me to really take a look and what is going on with my life and this gift couldn't have been more perfect.  Embodied in the present is the very reason why I do anything; I do it to become a better father, husband, and person.  It embodies everything that takes precedent in my life.  I love my little family more than I could ever explain.  It really is true that no success can compensate for failure in the home.

Having a child really has changed my entire perspective.  I have a hard time turning on the TV anymore because I am scared about what will come up.  Everything is getting so crude and ridiculous because it just seems that's the way the world likes things.  I don't know where this is headed, I just started ranting, sorry.  I think the take away from all this is that my family is the reason I do anything in life.  Also, nothing beats a baby's smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment